Tuesday, November 27, 2007

#18 Web-based apps : They're not just for desktops.

Like many before me I was prepared to looooove Zoho, but I had a few teething problems. Firstly I the confirmation email disappeared into Internet yonder yonder land & then twice it signed me into someone else's accounts. Once I resent the confirmation email and went through that process it was all smooth sailing. I really liked the user friendly toolbar, no more crusing from menu to menu trying to find something!

Obviously knowing about this application will be a boon for our patrons who have been knocked back for word processing facilities in our library since time began. The ability to have your documents saved online and access them somewhere else entirely is great - no more emailing all over the place to be able to work on something from another pc.

I'm sure Zoho has many more joys to discover, but alas time is short and I will have to leave it at that & investigate more later. Knowledge is power as they say!

No comments: